Advantages Versus Conventional Refrigeration
Absorption based refrigeration technology offers the most established and economic solution for reduced emission, air conditioning systems:
• Operated with heat, utilising relatively inexpensive ‘excess energy’
• Production of electricity that can be fed into the power grid or used to cover the plant’s electricity requirements
• During cold seasons, the heat can be utilised to cover heat requirements
• Absorption chillers have no moving parts, there for there is no wear and maintenance costs are low.
• Absorption system has noiseless operation
• Low operating costs and lifecycle costs
• Using water as a refrigerant replaces the use of ozone damaging substances.